Sunday, August 19, 2012

2nd Place - Barradas

Nuno Barradas (Faro, Portugal) 
$3,539

Barradas can't close the deal after starting heads up play with a 2.5 to 1 chip advantage over Bob Wass.  

Barradas is crippled when he hit trips on the river, but it gave Wass a full house.  He's out in second place a few hands later.

"I wish I could have won it," says Barradas who is originally from Portugal, but plays at Borgata whenever he visits friends in Newark, NJ.  "I mean this is a great event, I would've been so close to accomplishing one of my poker dreams.

"This was my first charity event. Everyone should do something like this for those people who need help. It was great and I'd do it again."

The tournament helped raise $5,760 for the FoodBank of New Jersey, South Branch.  In addition to that money many players donated additional monies from their winnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment